Lion, Plainsgame,Elephant hunting Safaris in Limpopo South Africa
1. Confirm Dates - Contact Luis firstname.lastname@example.org
The most suitable months to hunt in South Africa are from the beginning of April to the end of October. This is during the cooler winter months when no rain occurs and visibility is better.
2. Complete Required Forms
All particulars regarding your entire hunt appear in this document. Complete and return.
3. Pay Deposit
• 50 % of the full daily rate is required on confirmation on booking.
• 50 % of the full daily rate plus 50 % of the trophy fees for dangerous game
Bank details for bank transfer will be provided.
• Please make arrangements with your bank prior to your departure should you be settling your account by bank transfers. It is critical that you notify your credit card company that you will be using your card in South Africa, and ensure that your daily limit is sufficient for payment and that your card will be accepted.
• A service fee of 2,5 % will be applied on all credit card transactions.
• AMEX, Diners Club, Travellers cheques and personal cheques are NOT accepted for final account payment in South Africa.
4. Book Flights
Delta and South African Airways have direct flights departing from Atlanta and New York / Washington DC. We recommend taking a direct flight as Europe is not advisable if you are travelling with your own firearms.
5. Documents required for Importation of Firearms for South Africa
Should you wish to bring your own firearms to conduct your hunt, you will need to apply for a Temporary Import / Export Permit. There is no cost for this. This can be done personally or we can recommend the use of a service provider to assist you.
Required Documents and Links for Instructions to follow :
• Customs Form 4457 – Exportation of Rifles www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/CBP
• SAP 520 (South African Police Form) http://www.saps.gov.za/services/flash/firearms/importation.php
• Invitation letter from Old Days Safaris
• Flight Itinerary
No semi-automatics are permitted.
Only one of each caliber is permitted
Maximum of 200 rounds per caliber
Minimum age to apply for Import/Export permit is 21 years
Blazer rifles have two serial numbers – one on barrel, one on box (indicate both)
6. Packing List
We recommend light camouflage and khaki clothing. Below is a guideline. Bear in mind that laundry is done on a daily basis, therefore it is not necessary to over pack.
Sleeveless hunting jacket
Pair light leather or canvas shoes
Pair of comfortable hunting boots (soft soles recommended)
Pair of gators
Sweater or sweatshirt
Long sleeve shirts
2 Hunting trousers and/or shorts
3 Pairs of socks
3 Sets of underwear
Cap or hat
© 2015 Marakapula Reserve